O’Dea High School is dedicated to helping families in need pay for their tuition. Due to the generosity of our donors, this year we will give over $1 million in tuition assistance and scholarships. Families are invited to apply for financial aid after reviewing the important details and requirements listed at the bottom of this page. It is important for families to review the application deadlines and follow the process outlined.
The majority of awards are given through special funds at O’Dea High School and the O’Dea High School Foundation. Other examples of financial aid and scholarships opportunities are listed below:
Edmund Rice Leadership Award Scholarship
O’Dea awards a small number of merit-based scholarships to incoming freshmen who have distinguished themselves through outstanding academic achievement, personal excellence, service, and leadership. Edmund Rice Leadership Award Scholar’s receive a scholarship of $1,000 per year for their 4 years at O’Dea. There is no application for these awards and they do not require any demonstrated financial need. Students are notified of the award in their acceptance letters.
Josh King Leadership Award
Each year O’Dea awards a freshman student with the Josh King Leadership Award. This award is given in memory of O’Dea graduate, Josh King, and made possible by Josh’ friends and family. The recipient of this award shows demonstrated leadership potential and is granted a total award of $9,000 over his remaining career at O’Dea, given in increments of $3,000 in each of his sophomore, junior and senior years. Application materials for this award are typically available in January.
O’Dea has several named scholarships available for students with demonstrated financial need. These scholarships are made available through endowments established by individual donors and are awarded through the financial aid process.
Families are invited to apply for financial assistance through the Fulcrum Foundation, which increases access to Catholic schools in the Archdiocese of Seattle by providing tuition assistance grants to children and families based on family income and other special circumstances. Applications and deadlines are available via the Fulcrum Foundation website.
Important Information and Steps to Apply for Financial Aid
- All families applying for financial aid are expected to complete the School and Student Services (SSS) online application.
- Financial Aid applications must be completed each year.
- Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
- Late or incomplete applications will be placed on a waiting list and will be reviewed as funds become available.
- Students being awarded financial aid for the first time are required to have a minimum GPA of a 2.0.
- Students at O’Dea who receive financial aid are required to maintain a minimum GPA of a 2.0.
- Financial aid may be withdrawn if the minimum GPA requirement is not met.
- Incoming freshmen who are applying for financial aid must take the TerraNova Placement Exam at O’Dea to be eligible for financial aid.
- Applications for the 2017-2018 school year open on October 24, 2016.
- Application Deadline: December 31, 2016.
- Go to the School and Student Services website.
- Go to the page for Parents and Families.
- Use the School and Student Services Code for O’Dea High School: 166898.
- Complete the Parent Financial Statement (PFS).
- The following documents must be submitted to SSS:
- 2016 W-2 (for each parent), when available.
- 2015 Tax Return (Form 1040).
- 2015 Tax Form Schedule C (if self-employed).
- Final December 2016 pay stub for each parent.
- Important: Divorced or separated parents must both complete a School and Student Services application and submit the supporting documentation before the student’s financial aid application can be reviewed.
All questions regarding the School and Student Services application should be directed to SSS Customer Service Center at 1-800-344-8328 or https://sss.nais.org.
General questions about the application process should be directed to Linda Thornton at O’Dea High School (206) 923-7533 or email@example.com